Continuing on with the commercial intent keyword system of three or so week ago, this week’s SEO tip is about using special occasions, dates and events to snag highly motivated traffic to your web site.
By adding a special event to your target keyword set and creating a dedicated page for that keyword set, you have a greater chance of ranking well in Google AND more importantly, the sort of person including that special occasion keyword in their search is more likely to convert.
Here’s some simple examples:
- school holiday accommodation caloundra verses accomodation caloundra
- christmas 4WD hire verses 4WD hire
- funeral flowers brisbane verses funeral flowers
- brisbane kids party entertainers september long weekend verses brisbane kids party entertainers
- brisbane car airconditioning repairs open Sundays verses brisbane car airconditioning repairs
- restaurants open new years day in brisbane verses restaurants brisbane
- melbourne cup corporate catering brisbane verses corporate catering brisbane
- seo courses brisbane october verses seo courses brisbane
- AFL grand final pub events brisbane verses pub events brisbane
There will be a lot less traffic for those keywords, but traffic doesn’t pay the bills. Converting traffic is what counts. Long tail search terms are much easier to rank for and convert well in comparison to broader terms.