I love useful and free online SEO tools. A few weeks ago I found a beauty that allows you to compare keyword density and page structure between two web pages.
Making just small changes to thinks like title tags, headings and keyword density can dramatically improve your search engine results.
Here’s what to do:
- Do a search in Google and see which page ranks number one or two for your target search term eg. cheap widget packages
- Copy the url of that high-ranking competitor to your clipboard
- Visit this site and read the instructions. Here’s the link: http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/seo-tools/seo-compare/
- Paste in your web page address and your competitor’s web page address and run the report
- Take note of how the pages compare, especially in factors like metatag contents and headings
- Make changes based on your analysis Make a note of the changes in case you need to undo them later
Recently I used this tool and discovered that a page I was trying to improve had a keyword density that was far to high. It was around 2% whereas the competing top pages were around the 0.5% mark. I think this is a Google Panda thing where Google is suspicious of over-optimised pages.
I reduced the keyword density by replacing that worth with a few synonyms and a week later the page had risen 30 spots.