You have probably heard that Google has launched a service called Google Plus to take on Facebook. (Good luck with that Google)
What you may not have heard is that they have very recently launched Google Plus Business Pages. They are a lot like Facebook Fan pages but “Googled” and in my humble opinion for more business friendly.
Think of a Google Places listing, but with status updates.
Google have big plans for these new Google Plus pages including incorporating direct links to them in the Android mobile device operating system.
And there is a good chance that Google will use the existence and popularity of Google Plus pages as yet another ranking factor (citation), in the Google search rankings formula. In other words if you don’t have one, your Google search engine rankings may suffer.
You can see an example of our Google Plus business page here: http://gplus.to/seobrisbane
To create your own Google Plus business page, simply visit http://www.google.com/+/
Note that you will need a Gmail account to create a Google Plus business page.
All you do is click the “Create your Google+ Page” link. Then click on the “Local business or Place” link and follow the instructions.
If you have a Google Places/Maps listing, most of the profile information you see there has been pulled from Google Places/Maps.
Like most social media sites, Google Plus also has it’s own search engine. Over time, I believe it will become popular with people looking for the latest deals and news for products and services in their local area. You can see what I mean here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/
For more information about Google Plus pages, I can highly recommend:
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- Search Engine Land’s Guide To SEO
- The Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors
- What Is Google PageRank? A Guide For Searchers & Webmasters
- How The “Focus On First” Helps Hide Google’s Relevancy Problems
- Yahoo Completes Global Organic Transition To Bing
- Yahoo Site Explorer Closing Down Monday, November 21st
- The Microsoft-Yahoo Search Deal, In Simple Terms
- Google Releases New Link Reporting Tools
- Google Now Reporting Anchor Text Phrases
- Yahoo Adds Link Badge In Site Explorer
- Link Building Tool Review: Link Research Tool Set By CEMPER
- Link Building Tool Review: SEOmoz PRO
- Link Building Tool Review: SEO Book
- Link Building Tool Review: Raven Tools
- Link Building Tool Review: Majestic SEO
- Bing Webmaster Tools Launches New Link Reports; Google Webmaster Tools Changes Theirs
- Blekko’s SEO Tools: What Information Do They Provide?
- Blekko Offers New Linkroll Widget & More Publisher Tools
- Google’s Chrome Page No Longer Ranks For “Browser” After Sponsored Post Penalty
- Should Rick Santorum’s “Google Problem” Be Fixed?
- How Rick Santorum Is Making His “Google Problem” Worse
- For “Define An English Person,” Google Suggests The C-Word
- Google’s Spam Report Page Gets “Biggest Refresh” In Years
- Google: As Open As It Wants To Be
- Google’s Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives
- How Google Instant’s Autocomplete Suggestions Work
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Page-Level Query Data
- Google Webmaster Tools Search Queries Report Now Less Accurate
- Google Analytics Benchmarking Feature, Data Sharing & Audio Ad Charting
- Guest Opinion: Is Google’s Privacy Move Really An Anti-Competitive Practice?
- Dear Congress: It’s Not OK Not To Know How Search Engines Work, Either
- Googleopoly: The Definitive Guide To Antitrust Investigations Against Google
- Keyword “Not Provided” By Google Spikes, Now 7-14% In Cases
- Google Puts A Price On Privacy